大学英语2
1) 美国人一般早早就安排好他们的退休生活。
Americans usually make plans for their retirement well in advance.
2) 他们通常被看做最有希望的歌手。
They are commonly regarded as the most promising singers.
3) 我从你的推荐人那里听说雇主曾给他们打过。
I’ve heard from your references that the employer had called them.
4) 请告知咱们具体时间,以便咱们做好适当的准备。
Would you please inform us the exact date so that we can make proper arrangements.
5) 咱们对出席派对人数的估量与实际来的人数相差了一大截。
Our estimate of how many people would show up at the party missed by a mile.
6) 只要不成为阅读负担,你的报告可以包括足够多的细节。
Your report can include enough details without being a burden to read.
Page21:
6 .Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences.
1.
▲Although invitations are usually sent through the mail, informal invitations such as e-mail and phone invitations are becoming more acceptable.
(虽然邀请函通常通过信函方式发出,但目前像、邀请 等非正式邀请愈来愈被普遍利用。)
▲Although he has only studied English for two years, he can speak it quite well now.
(虽然他学习英语仅2年,可是他此刻英语讲得相当好。)
▲虽然生态环境有所改善,但生态安全状况仍然严重。
  (Although the ecological environment was becoming better, the problems were still serious.)
虽然天已晚,我仍是有点想出去
(Although it is late, I’d quite like to go out.)
2.
▲For most formal occasions, it’s best to invite guests three or four weeks in advance.
(大多数正式场合,最好提前三到四个礼拜发出邀请。)
▲It’s best to slice into a rich cake from the middle.
  (最好从中间切油腻蛋糕。)
▲在中午太阳光线很强的时候,你最好避免外出。
(It’s best to avoid going out in the strong midday sun.)
▲若是你应邀去参加正式的聚会,你最好穿上西装,打上领带。
(If you are invited to a formal party, it’s best to wear a suit and a tie.)
3.
▲A company can use any color of paper it desires, as long as it upholds and promotes the company’s  image.
(公司可以选择利用自己想要的任何颜的纸张,只要它有利于保护和提升企业的形象。)
▲Your college or university will provide a report about your education as long as you continue to study there.
( 你的学院或大学将为你提供成绩报告单,只要你继续在哪里学习。)                                   
▲只要我还有钱维持, 我就在墨西哥待下去。
(I’ll stay in Mexico as long as my money holds on.)
▲只要我还活着,我就不会忘记那件
(I’ll never forget that as long as I am alive.)
4.
▲Either use the address or phone number printed in the lower left corner of the invitation or return the RSVP card sent with the invitation.
(可利用邀请函左下角的地址或号码回答,或用邀请函所附的回答卡回答。)
▲The interviewers will either ask you some basic questions about yourself or ask you to give a brief self-introduction.
(面试者可以向你提问一些个人的大体问题或要求你做一个简单的自我介绍。)
下车英文▲她不是今天来, 就是明天来。
(She is coming either today or tomorrow.)
▲你会说英语或法语吗?
(Can you speak either English or French?)
5.
▲Never ask to bring a guest unless the invitation states “Mr. Louis Winthorp and Guest”.
(若是邀请函上没有说明“邀请某某先生和朋友,就不能向邀请方要求带客人。)
▲People will never improve themselves unless they look to some higher standards.
(除非考虑更高的标准要求自己,不然人们将永远无法提高自身的水平。)
▲你若是不尽力,决不会成功。
(You will never succeed unless you work hard.)
▲我有一个朋友从来不锻炼,除非她去进行马拉松训练。
(I have a friend who never exercises unless she’s training for a marathon.)
6.
▲Showing up with an uninvited friend could turn out to be an embarrassing situation for everyone.
(若是带上未受到邀请的朋友出席,就会造成让大家都为难的局面,)
▲Whatever the facts turn out to be, we make them public regardless of the consequences.
(无论事实的结果如何,在不考虑后果的情况下,咱们会将事实发布于众。)
▲若是你说有空,而结果是邀请你参加你不喜欢的活动,那么你就会处于一种反悔的境界。
(If you say you are free and the invitation turns out to be something you hate to do, then you will be in a position to take back your acceptance.)
▲那些看起来很现代的建筑实际是由木头、稻草和泥土建造的。
(Several of the modern-looking buildings turn out to be made of wood, straw and mud.)
Unit 2
1) 就我个人而言,我将永远都习惯不了退休。get used to
Personally, I will never get used to being retired.
2) 你想个机缘去中国西南部发现一个神奇又美丽的地方吗?the chance to discover
Would you like the chance to discover a place of mystery and beauty in the  southwest of China?
3) 你学习英文时,会发现把英文句子逐字翻译成自己的母语并非是伶俐的办法。word for word
When you are learning English, you do not find it clever to put an English  sentence word for word into your own language.
   
4) 若是我可以重提咱们适才讨论过的问题的话,我以为咱们应该尽一切尽力
    保护大熊猫。refer back to
If I might refer back to the problem we were discussing, I think we should make every effort to protect pandas.
5) 咱们有无一些线索可以串联起来,以便更好地理解这件事?clues and hints, piece together
Are there any clues and hints for us to piece together to gain a better understanding of the matter?
6 Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese s
entences by simulating the structure of the English sentences.