1--Time to get up,man.该起床了
2---All right,Dad.-Come on.-好的老爸-快点
3--Should be here soon.马上来了
4---I think I should make a list.-What do mean?-我想我该列个表-干嘛?
5---For your birthday gifts?-Yeah.-想要的生日礼物?-对呀
6--You know you're only getting a couple of things,right?你知道只能要几个礼物对吧?
7--Yeah,I know.Just to look at and study so I can choose better.知道啊我只想列出来看看研究一下好好选选
8--Okay,well,that's smart.Yeah,make a list.哦很聪明那就列吧
9--Can you spell everything you're thinking of?想要的礼物你都会写吗?
10---I think so.-All right.That's good.-应该吧-哦很好
11---How you doing in here,man?-Okay.-小伙子你还好吧?-还好
12--Can we go to the park today,after?我们今天能去公园吗在上完幼儿园后?
13--No,I gotta go to Oakland.Well,maybe,we'll see.呃我还得去奥克兰或许再说吧
14--Give me a kiss.亲亲
15--I'll talk to you later.晚点再说
16--Excuse me.借过
17--Oh,对不起呃...
19--我不会说英文...
20--And the Y?The Y.We talked about this.我提过的幸福的"幸"写错了
21--It's an I in"happiness."There's no Y in"happiness."It's an I.这里写成了辛苦的"辛"
22--我不是说过我不会说英文...
23--I'm Chris Gardner.我是克里斯·迦纳
24--I met my father for the first time when I was28years old.我第一次见到我父亲时已经28岁了
25--And I made up my mind as a young kid that when I 我儿时就决定将来我有了孩子
< children were gonna know who their father was.我的孩子一定得知道他们的父亲是谁
27--This is part of my life story.这里讲述的是我人生故事的一部分
28--This part is called"Riding the Bus."这部分叫做"搭公车"
29--[旧金山1981年]
30--What's that?那是什么?
31--It's a time machine,isn't it?是架时光机对吧?
32--Seems like a time machine.看起来是时光机
33--That seems like a time machine.It's a time machine.Take me with you.像是时光机是时光机能带上我吗?
这仪器
36--This guy,he has a time machine.这伙计他有架时光机
37--He travels in the past with this 他他用时光机穿梭到过去
38--it is not a time machine.这不是时光机
39--It'a portable bone-density scanner.而是手提式骨质密度扫描仪
40--A medical device I sell for a living.是医疗器材我就靠卖这个过活
41--Thank you for the opportunity to discuss it with you.谢谢您给我这个机会向您推介这仪器
42---I appreciate it.-We just don't need it,Chris.-我不胜感激-我们真的不需要克里斯
43--It's unnecessary and expensive.没多大用处而且还很贵
1/33
44---Well,-Thank you.-哦或许下次...-谢谢
45--It gave a slightly denser picture than an x-ray它比X光机显像更精确一点点
46--for twice the money.但却贵了一倍
47---Hey.-Hey,baby.-嘿-嘿宝贝
48---What happened?-No,nothing.-怎么啦?-没没事儿
49--Look,I can't get Christopher today.只是我今天不能去接儿子
50--Oh,no,you don't,Chris.I'm back on at7.你得去我七点还要上班
51--I know.I have got to go to Oakland.我知道但我一定要去奥克兰
52--So I gotta get Christopher home,feed him,所以我得先接他回家做饭给他洗澡...
< him in bed,and be back here by7?哄他睡觉然后七点前回到这儿?
54---Yes.-And we got the tax-bill notice today.-对-今天收到了税单
55---What are you gonna do about that?-Look,this is what we gotta do.-你说怎么办?-听着就这么办
56--You see that car?The one with the pretty yellow shoe on it?看到那车了吗?那辆穿着漂亮黄鞋子的车57--That'mine.那是我的车
58--There'no parking near hospitals.医院附近不准停车
59--That'what happens when you're always in a rush.赶时间的结果就是这样
60--Thanks anyway.Very much.还是非常谢谢你
61---Maybe next quarter.-It's possible.-或许下个季度-可能哦
62--I needed to sell at least two scanners a month我每个月至少得卖两台
63--for rent and daycare.才够付房租和幼儿园费
64--I'd have to sell 还得再卖一台
< pay off all of those tickets under my windshield wiper.才够付车窗上的那些罚单
66--The 问题是
68--Since when do you not like macaroni and cheese?你什么时候开始不喜欢通心粉加奶酪的?
69--Since birth?从...我出生开始?
70---What's that?-What?-这是什么?-呃?
71---What is this?-It's a gift for Christopher.-这是什么东西?-克里斯托弗的礼物
72---From who?-Cynthia from work.-谁给的?-我同事欣西雅
73--It's for adults.Chris can't use it.She didn't know.她不知道这是给大人玩的克里斯托弗还小
74--What are you supposed to do with it?要怎么玩?
75--Make every side the same color.把每一面都弄成同一颜
76--Did you pay the taxes?你付税了吗?
77--No,I'm gonna have to file an extension.没我要申请延后缴
78---You already filed an extension.-Yeah,well,I gotta file another one.-你已经申请过延期了-是我还要再延期一次
It's$650.I'll have it in the next month.一共是640美元我下个月就有了
80--That means interest,right?And a penalty?是加上利息还有罚金的总额吧
81--Yeah,a little bit.嗯不是很多啦
82--Look,why don't you let me do this?All right,just relax.Okay?让我处理就好你就别操心了好吗?
83---Come here.Calm down.-I have to go back to work.-来别烦了-我得回去工作了
84--Let's get ready for bed.Hey,put your plate in the sink.准备上床了嗨把盘子放水池里去
85--A few days ago I was presented with a report I'd 几天前他们递交了一份我要求的
104--Had to go to college to be a stockbroker,huh?得上大学才能做股票经纪人对吧?
105--You don't have to.Have to be good with numbers and good with people.不用只需要精通数字会做人处世
106---That's it.-Hey,you take care.-就这么简单-嘿保重
107--I'll let you hang on to my car for the weekend.周末我这车就借你了
108---But I need it back for Monday.-Feed the meter.-不过星期一得还我哦-付停车费去吧
109--I still remember that moment.我还记得那一刻
110--They all looked so damn happy to me.他们全都看起来超幸福的样子
111--Why couldn't I look like that?为什么我不能也满脸幸福?
112--I'm gonna try to get home by6.我尽量在六点前回来
113--I'm gonna stop by a brokerage firm after work.下班后要去一下证券行
114---For what?-I wanna see about a job there.-干嘛?-看看那里有没有工作
115--Yeah?What job?哦什么样的工作?
116--You know,你知道我
117--When I was a kid,I could go through a math book in a week.我小时候一星期就能把算数课本念完118--So I'm gonna go see about what job they got down there.所以我想去看看有什么工作可做
119--What job?什么工作?
120--Stockbroker.股票经纪人
121---Stockbroker?-Yeah.-股票经纪人?-嗯
122--Not an astronaut?不是宇航员?
123--Don't talk to me like that,Linda.别用这种口气对我说话琳达
124--I'm gonna go down and see about this,and I'm gonna do it during the day.我去看看情况利用白天的时间125--You should probably do your sales calls.嗯你该打电话推销才对
126--I don't need you to tell me about my sales calls,Linda.还要你来告诉我琳达
127--I got three of them before the damn office is even open.人家办公室开门前我就打了三通电话了
128--Do you remember that rent is due next week?还记得下星期就要付房租吗?
129--Probably not.大概不记得了吧?
130--We're already two months behind.我们已经两个月没付
131--Next week we'll owe three months.下星期就欠三个月了
3/33
133--Just sell what's in your contract.Get us out of that business.就...赶快把合约规定的数额卖完咱们好脱身吧
134--Linda,that is what I am trying to do.琳达我不是正努力那么做嘛!
135--This is what I'm trying to do for 努力来改善这个家
137--What's the matter with you?你到底是怎么了?
138--Linda.琳达
139--Linda.琳达
140--[迪安.维特.雷诺斯公司经纪人实习培训]现在接受申请
141--This part of my life我人生的这部分
142--is called"Being Stupid."叫做"冒傻气"
143--Can I ask you a favor,miss?能帮个忙吗小
144--Do you mind if I leave this here with you just for five minutes?帮我看下这个行吗就5分钟
145--I have a meeting in there and I don't wanna carry that Iooking smalltime.我在那儿有个会带这个进去看上去很不正式
146--Here is a dollar and I'll give you more money when I come back out.先给你1块钱一会我出来再多给你点
147--Okay?It's not valuable.You can't sell it anywhere.好吗?这玩意不值钱你也卖不出去
148--I can't even sell it,and it's my job.All right?我是干这个的都卖不掉好吗?
149--Chris?Tim Brophy,Resources.克里斯吗?我是提姆·布鲁菲人事部的
150--Yes.How are you?是我你好
151---Come with me.-Yes,sir.-跟我来-好的先生
152--Let me see if I can find you an application for our internship.我看看能不能帮你份实习申请表
153--I'm afraid that's all we can do for you.See,this is a satellite office.我能做的也只有这个了这里只是
分公司
154--Jay Twistle in the main office,he oversees Witter Resources.总部的杰·托斯特尔是全面负责人事工作的155--I mean,You know,I'm just this office.我的意思是我只负责这里
156--As you can see,we got a hell of lot of applications 你看已经有一大堆人申请了所以...
157--Normally I have a resume sheet,but I can't seem to find it anywhere.我这应该还有履历表的但是现在不到了
<-Thank you very much.-我们...-非常感谢
159--I need to go.我得走了
160--I'll bring this back.我我会把这个交过来的
161---Thank you.-Okay.-谢谢-好的
162--Trusting a hippie girl with my scanner.把扫描仪托付给一个嬉皮女孩?
163--Why did I do that?为什么我会这么做?
164--Excuse me.Excuse me.借过借过
165--Like I said,this part of my life就像我刚说的我人生的这部分
166--is called"Being Stupid."叫做"冒傻气"
167--Hey!Hey!Hey!Don't move!Don't !嘿!别动!呆着别动!别...
168--Stop!Stop!停下!停下!
169--Don't move!!Stop the train!别走!停下!停下这地铁!
170--Stop!Stop!停!停下来!
171--The program took just20people every six months.这个培训每半年才招20人
4/33
172--One got the job.最后只有1人受雇
173--There were three blank lines after"high school"申请表上"高中"之后还有3行线
174--to list more education.用来填写接受过的其他教育
175--I didn't need that many lines.对我来说根本就是多余
176--Try and sleep.It's late.快睡觉不早了
177--It'a puzzle measuring just3inches by3inches on 这种魔方每面都是3英寸乘3英寸ade up of multiple colors that you twist 由多种颜组成玩法就是通过旋转
180--This little cube is the gift sensation of1981.这小玩意是1981年的送礼佳品
181--Don't expect to solve it easily.但是想把它玩好可没那么容易
182--Although we did encounter one math professor 尽管我们确实碰到一位旧金山大学的数学教授who took just30minutes on his.只花了30分钟就拼好
184--This is as far as I've gotten on mine.这个是我尽最大努力拼的了
185--As you can see,I still have a long way to go.大家可以看到离完成还早着呢
186--This is Jim Finnerty reporting for KJSF in Richmond.这里是吉米·芬尼迪从KJSF里士满发回的报道187--Hey,wake up.嘿醒醒
188--Eat.快吃
189---Bye,Mom.-Bye,baby.-妈再见-再见宝贝
190---Come back without that,please.-Oh,yeah,I'm going to.-那玩意儿卖了再回来-噢我正有此意
191--So go ahead,say goodbye to it,because I'm coming back without it.快点和它道个别回来可就看不到它了
192--Goodbye and good riddance.再见"可喜的摆脱"
193--You ain't had to add the"good riddance"part.后面那部分没必要说的
194--Bye,Mom.再见妈妈!
195--Bye.再见当幸福来敲门台词
196--It's written as P-P-Y,but it's supposed to be an I in"happiness."那里写的是"辛"但是实际上应该是"
幸" 197---Is it an adjective?-No,actually it's a noun.-是形容词吗?-不是是个名词
198--But it's not spelled right.但是字写错了
199---Is"fuck"spelled right?-Yeah,that's spelled right.-"操"写对了吗?-对那个写的对
200--But that's not part of the motto,so you're not supposed to learn that.但是标语里没这词所以别学
201--That's an adult word to show anger and other things.那词是大人用来表达他们愤怒之类的
202---But just don't use that one,okay?-Okay.-别用那词好吗?-好的
203--What's that say on the back of your bag?你书包背后写的是什么?
204--My nickname.我的绰号
205--We pick nicknames.我们选了绰号
206---Oh,yeah?What's it say?-"Hot Rod."-噢你选的是什么?-"改装高速车"
207---Did you have a nickname?-Yep.-你有绰号吗?-有啊
208---What?-"Ten-Gallon Head."-是什么?-无-敌-大-头
209---What's that?-I grew up in Louisiana,near Texas.-什么意思?-我在德克萨斯州附近的路易斯安那长大210--Everybody wears cowboy hats.And a ten-gallors a big hat.那儿的人都戴牛仔帽那种"10加仑"牛仔帽211--宽边软顶牛仔帽因分量重而得名
212--I was smart back then,so they called me Ten-Gallon Head.我小时候很聪明所以大家都叫我"无-敌-大-头"
213---Hoss wears that hat.-Hoss?-霍斯也戴那种牛仔帽-霍斯?
214--Hoss Can'twright on Bonanza.霍斯·卡特赖特"伯南扎的牛仔"里面的牛仔
5/33